- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil (You can melt coconut oil by placing it in the oven for a few minutes at 350 degrees) (The taste of coconut oil is better than olive oil - it has a more neutral flavor.)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Blend egg at low speed for about 2 minutes
- While continuing to beat egg add lemon juice, dry mustard and salt
- Continue to blend and SLOWLY drip in oil. The mixture should reach the consistency of mayonnaise once you've added all the oil.
*Store in the refrigerator in a GLASS container. Try to keep the mixture away from light to keep the oils fresh.
*This is high in healthy oils (especially omega 3's if you use coconut oil) and is anti-fungal because it uses lemon juice instead of vinegar.
*This is great used in recipes that call for mayonnaise. It also works great as a salad dressing if you dilute it with water or lemon juice.
*Whole 30 Approved