This recipe is adapted from one that Rick and Eileen Heim recommended!! So yummy! Thanks guys!
3.5 cups cooked, shredded, boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups butternut squash, skinned and cubed
1/2 cup ghee butter, melted
4 T coconut oil, melted
2.5 cups frozen peas, defrosted
1.5 T lemon juice
1-1.5 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp onion powder
1. Fill a pot with water, add cubed butternut squash and boil for 40 minutes.
2. Strain the water from the butternut squash and place the squash in a large bowl. Mash the squash with a potato masher until slightly chunky. Add seasonings and lemon juice. Stir to mix well.
3. Add 2 T melted coconut oil and 1/2 cup melted ghee butter. Stir to mix well.
4. Add chicken and peas and stir.
5. Place the remaining 2 T melted coconut oil in a large sauce pan. Add the contents from the large bowl and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium. I let it get nice and browned and crispy before taking it off the heat!
NOTE: If you want a creamier dish, you can substitute 3/4-1 cup coconut cream (from the top of full-fat coconut milk in a can) for the ghee.
*Whole 30 approved